Post-pandemic production relocation: an opportunity for CEE countries?
Here are the main points addressed in our latest study on CEE countries:
A favorable context
Foreign trade and inclusion in supply chains had already increased in recent years, supported by EU membership by most CEE (Central and Eastern European) countries in 2004.
- An educated workforce
- Geographical proximity to Western Europe
- Low labor costs
- Relatively good infrastructure
- A stable business climate
- Improving productivity through greater use of automation and "robotization"
Various sectors concerned
- The automotive industry, the backbone of the industry in this region
- But also: the production of electrical and electronic equipment, machinery, chemicals, as well as the transport and storage sectors
- And new opportunities: outsourcing of services through digitalization and a large ICT talent pool
However, investments are necessary
New investments are needed to be in a favorable position, especially in terms of automation and digitalization.
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Tel: +43 1 515 54 556